Maryland Hillel Application
Alternative Break and Tzedek Fellowships
Maryland Hillel seeks to create a culture that inspires students to become leaders for social change. The Alternative Break and Tzedek Fellowships empower students to implement social justice opportunities, build relationships with their peers, and connect the Jewish community at Maryland to meaningful service. Through weekly trainings, fellows become service experts, learn about community organizing and leadership development, and discuss the intersection of Judaism and social justice. Fellows will inspire and mobilize students on campus to be involved in making an impact on their community and the world.
- Alternative Break Fellows focus on planning week-long immersive experiences to explore and learn about social justice issues domestically and abroad.
- Tzedek Fellows create and implement year-round initiatives to improve the greater College Park community.
Fellowships Quick Facts:
- Beginning in Fall 2016, Alternative Break and Tzedek Fellows cohorts will each meet weekly on Wednesday nights from 7:00–8:30 PM.
- Fellows will be expected to commit several hours a week towards their initiatives and should be prepared to see this as a part-time job.
- Email MJ for questions about the Alternative Break Fellowship. Email Talia for questions about the Tzedek Fellowship.