Maryland Hillel seeks to create a warm and robust Jewish community at the University of Maryland. As such, our community is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of each student. The following protocols are crafted with pikuach nefesh, saving a life, in mind. (This page was updated on Nov. 24, 2020.)
Maryland Hillel is adopting as a minimum standard the guidelines and practices of the State of Maryland, the University of Maryland, and the Prince George’s County Health Department. We are also working in close partnership with our local Jewish Federations and Hillels around the country to follow best practices. At this time, these include, mandatory mask-wearing, social distancing of 6 feet, and additional cleaning protocols in our building.
- By participating in any Maryland Hillel activity or service, you agree to follow health and safety guidelines of UMD and Maryland Hillel, including mandatory mask-wearing, social distancing of 6 feet, and attendance restrictions (currently 10 indoors, 25 outdoors) at this event. You hereby waive and release Maryland Hillel from liability for any and all claims and causes of action of any kind or nature arising from exposure to Covid-19 which are in any way related, directly or indirectly, to your presence at this event.
- Anyone who feels ill or has or recently had any Covid symptoms will not be allowed to attend.
- If you become ill or have been exposed to someone who is showing signs of Covid-19 infection, do not attend the event.
- Individuals who had Covid-19 or suspect they may have had Covid-19 may not attend until at least 10 days after onset of symptoms and no fever or other symptoms for 24 hours.
- Individuals who have had any recent (within the last 14 days) close contact with another individual diagnosed with Covid-19 (first-person, close-environment exposure), even if not currently showing symptoms, may not attend unless symptom-free for 14-days after their last exposure.
- Notify Maryland Hillel immediately if you attended an event and subsequently within three days exhibit symptoms of, or test positive for, Covid-19. This is to allow for contact tracing to protect the health of other attendees.
Quick Health Screening
Complete this form to enter the Maryland Hillel building and/or participate in programs if you haven’t completed the UMD daily self-monitoring and reporting today.