SHABBAM Host Sign-Up
On November 18, host a Shabbat meal for a small group and have big fun! We’re here to make your SHABBAM amazing with inspiration, a pre-SHABBAM trainings, and food! Thanks to generous Maryland Hillel donors, you can have a prepared meal from our dining hall or cook/order your own dinner and receive reimbursement of up to $6 per person for current UMD students. All hosts will receive challah, grape juice, and other key ingredients to pull off a Shabbat dinner! Note: Registration is open through November 7 to those that would need food catered by Hillel. Registration is open through November 10 for those cooking their own meal. For more questions, email Alex.
What does it mean to be a host?
- You’re awesome!
- You want to rally and organize a group for a free Shabbat dinner.
- You’re ready to get started by signing up now and you’ll keep an eye out for a few additional emails.
- You’ll invite your friends to RSVP when guest registration opens.
- You can commit to joining a required meeting for hosts.
- You’ll pick up the bag of goodies, challah, and food on November 18
- You’ll have fun, encourage health guidelines, and relax during your SHABBAM meal!