Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur 2021 • 5782
Maryland Hillel wants to provide a meaningful High Holiday experience while keeping the health of our community in mind. Spots are limited for all programs, advanced sign-up is required, and priority will be given to current UMD students. Please note that any non-student guests that will be joining us for the High Holidays must be vaccinated.
In-Person Services: Come together for on-campus services! Below is an overview of what will be offered. Check out our High Holidays Services website for detailed information. Sign up to attend any and all of these in-person events. Please note that any non-student guests that will be joining us for the High Holidays must be vaccinated.
- 45-Minute Highlights Service with Rabbi Ari: Go through the quintessential prayers from the service with Rabbi Ari Israel in 45 minutes.
- Reform: Reform Service with Ruach
- Conservative: Egalitarian Conservative services with Ometz.
- Orthodox: Traditional Orthodox services with Kedma.
In-Person Programs: All programs will take place in the Rosenbloom Hillel Center unless otherwise indicated.
- Rosh Hashana
- Tuesday, September 7 at 2:00 p.m.: Reverse Tashlich (clean up a creek near campus) with Olivia – Pre-register to attend.
- Tuesday, September 7 at 3:00 p.m.: Start Off with a Sweet New Year Goal Setting Program with Dawn
- Yom Kippur
- Thursday, September 16 at 2:15 p.m.: Discovering Traditions, New and Old with Mal
- Thursday, September 16 at 3:00 p.m.: Reflective Labyrinth Walk
- Location: Meet at the Labyrinth outside of the UMD Memorial Chapel
Meals: Dine with us for the High Holidays!
- Reserve Meals: Use this form to request meals for pre-fast and/or break fast.
- North Campus Bagel Break Fast: Grab a bagel and light snacks with Maryland Hillel on North Campus. We’ll be in touch soon with more details. Thanks to a generous donor, the North Campus break fast is free with pre-registration.
If you need a High Holiday exemption letter, submit this form. You should make appropriate arrangements with your professors, prior to missing class. Please allow 3-5 days for requests to be processed and prepared.